The “holiday party” section of my wardrobe has been woefully lean for years. So much of my closet is made up of sensible basics which, of course, I love for everyday use — but I’m ready to make space for something a little more luxe and festive. Yes, if I made a pie chart to represent my lifestyle, the casual section would probably make up 90% of it — but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t pay attention to that remaining 10% sliver. Sometimes you just need to shimmer.
Enter this green velvet top! I felt drawn to the vibrant green color, the rich velvet fabric, and the LONG SLEEVES. I see so many holiday tops that are beautiful, but sleeveless. Am I the only one who gets cold just thinking about it? I don’t know about you, but I’m not cute when I’m shivering. So, hooray for long sleeves!
I kept the styling simple and paired it with some wide leg jeans, heels, and a punchy little green bag. I love the way these two shades of green don’t match, but have this really playful tension with each other instead.
What are you thinking of wearing to holiday events this year? I’m back on Instagram now, so find me and let’s talk about it! I’m @carolinejoyjoy.
• • •
(if you see something you like, you can shop it and support my blog at the same time by using the affiliate links below)
Reformation Sonora Top (wearing XS)
Jeffrey Campbell Heels (old) | Similar: Tony Bianco Caprice Heel
Madewell Delicate Chain Necklace (old) | Similar: Madewell Three Pack Delicate Chain Necklaces
• • •
Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you’re having good day today. Take good care of yourself.