Wanna know why today is so special?
Because it’s Aaron’s birthday. Today my handsome hubs turns 31.
So today is all about him — let’s look at his first ever capsule wardrobe!
A lot of you have asked me whether or not Aaron has a capsule wardrobe too. Generally he subscribed to the idea of less clothing — but he’s a guy, so this is no surprise. His closet has always been tiny, but it never really had a clear direction or style.
Earlier in January, though, he decided he wanted to change that. He spent a few days putting together his vision. He even filled out the little capsule wardrobe planner. :)
Anyway, this is his first capsule, and I’m crazy about it. Just stinkin’ crazy about it. It’s so him.
In case you’re wondering, he works from home, so he rarely needs to dress up. But for special occasions and work trips he does have a few extra pieces: a suit, two dress sweaters, two dress shirts, and one extra pair of dress pants.
Aaron’s capsule is basic and simple, yet styled. At 20 pieces, I think it’s is a great model for any guy with a casual lifestyle. So if you’ve got a husband or a boyfriend or a brother or just a friend of the male persuasion — here’s the formula:
- 6 button up shirts (all different weights to work in different temperatures)
- 4 t-shirts (two solid, one graphic, one long sleeve henley)
- 3 outer layers (all different weights — sweatshirt, canvas jacket, puffer)
- 3 pairs of jeans (indigo, tan, and dark grey)
- 3 pairs of boots (social boots, work boots, weather boots)
- 1 pair of sneakers
Do you know any guys doing capsule wardrobes?