The first thing I consider when putting together an outfit these days? Creating a color story — one that’s subtle enough for everyday wear, while still having a bit of magic to it. And right now my color story is all about sienna.
If you’ve been around here for any length of time, I’m sure you’re not surprised. Cognac, sienna, whatever you want to call it — it’s been a staple of mine for quite some time, but I typically reserved it for bags and shoes.
However, it’s slowly taking over my entire wardrobe!
One of my favorite things about sienna? It’s versatile and plays well with other colors. It particularly pairs well with:
- Light dusty blue: This one’s easy. Just grab a pair of faded denim, pair with a printed sienna top, and you’re set! (I wore this color combo just the other day.)
- Eucalyptus green: Got a green dress hanging around somewhere? Throw a slouchy sienna cardigan over it and finish with cognac booties.
- Blushy nude: I love this one. Try a silk nude camisole with a slouchy sienna cardigan thrown on top. Finish with your favorite relaxed jeans and a pair of tortoise shell glasses.
- Raisin: Try a raisin colored floral blouse tucked into a pair of straight leg, high rise corduroy pants in sienna. Finish with blushy nude accessories.
- Sienna! I’m always amazed at how a boring ol’ neutral can take on a powerful posture when worn head to toe.For example, white is a plain, safe color, right? But when worn head to to it becomes a statement. Same with sienna. I enjoy layering different shades on top of one another, creating a tone-on-tone look.
I’ve recently found a handful of sienna pieces that I absolutely love. If you’re looking to add a piece to your wardrobe, take a look — you just might find something special.
If you see something you like, you can shop it and support Unfancy at the same time by using the affiliate links below:
02 | Printed Midi Dress by Free People | $148
03 | Basket Weave Crossbody Bag by & Other Stories | $129
04 | Corduroy Mini Skirt by & Other Stories | $69 | Another piece I recently picked up and love. It’s got a super high rise, and it’s a touch longer than most mini skirts I see around. Very classy.
06 | Printed 40’s Dress by Free People | $148
09 | Polka Dot Button Down by Faithfull | $109
10 | Alpaca Blend Sweater by & Other Stories | $99
11 | Midi Skirt by & Other Stories | $89
• • •
And there you have it!
So tell me, do you have a signature color that you’ve been drawn to for a while now? Are you into sienna as much as I am? What other colors would you pair with sienna?
P.S. There are plenty of other spots around the internet where I share my style these days:
Instagram for outfit inspiration, glimpses into my home, and my day-to-day thoughts.