This post is sponsored by Everlane and I’m thrilled to be working with them. When it comes to brands I’m proud to work with, they are at the very top — Everlane was one of the very first responsible brands I learned about quite a few years back, and I’m proud to partner with a company that places high value on transparency and sustainable practices.
If you see something you like, you can shop it and support my blog at the same time by using the affiliate links throughout this post.
Today is the day — Everlane is launching their first-ever jumpsuits! I got to try out the linen apron-style jumpsuit and am excited to share my thoughts with you. Today I’ll share:
- Thoughts on the fit
- Thoughts on the fabric
- How I’m styling it
- Plus! 6 extra styling ideas
Let’s jump in!
Thoughts on the Fit
There are several thoughtful details that allow for a customized fit:
- Elastic back: One of my favorite details about this jumpsuit is the elastic back. It makes getting it on and off a breeze, plus I think it’s a sweet little detail that further gives it a casual, beachy look. I’m drawn to elastic more and more these days — it just makes everything so comfortable and forgiving.
- Adjustable straps: I was so happy to find this thoughtful little detail. The thick straps have several button holes to adjust the fit to your liking.
- Optional belt: I love the way the belt can change the fit of this jumpsuit. Depending on the look you’re going for, the belt can take the jumpsuit from day to night, casual to dressy.
My fit info: I’m 5’5″ tall with a 30″ bust, 26″ waist, 38″ hip. I got a 0 (my typical dress size at Everlane) and found it fit just right. I’d say it runs true to size.
Thoughts on the Fabric
You probably already know how much I love wearing linen. It seems that half of my wardrobe in the warmer months is made up of linen. The linen Everlane used for this jumpsuit has a soft, fluid feel — and based on previous experience with linen, I have no doubt it will only continue to soften and break in.
Does it wrinkle? Yes. As with most any linen I’ve ever tried, it does wrinkle throughout the day. I typically don’t mind wrinkly linen, because it communicates this deliciously relaxed vibe that’s perfect for the mornings, weekends, vacation, chill time, etc. However, I wanted to get more use out of this jumpsuit — I wanted to be able to dress it up a little too. So I opted for the black color where the wrinkling isn’t quite as noticeable.
If you’re looking for an option that won’t wrinkle as much, try out one of their new GoWeave jumpsuits. As much as I love linen for my own lifestyle, the GoWeave fabric is seasonless and much more office appropriate.
Here I went for a little more of a retro 60’s inspired look — and I LOVE the way it turned out. The apron jumpsuit. The wedge heels. The headband. The polka dots. It feels retro, but still in line with my style.
You probably know how much I love repeating tones in one outfit to pull it together — here I went with white, echoing it with white shoes, a white headband, and the white background of the scarf.
Of course I had to throw in a couple of warm neutrals too, to give everything a softer, more organic feel. The straw bag. The brown polka dot scarf. The gold earrings. I love how much dimension they add to the look.
The jumpsuit comes with a matching belt, and I love having the option to belt it…or not. In these photos, I decided I liked it better without the belt. It feels modern, interesting, and unexpected.
A few other styling ideas:
- Pop a white or tan tee underneath for a different look.
- Dress it up with the matching belt, minimal black heels, and statement earrings.
- Wear unbelted with flip flops for vacation vibes.
- Try a vintage belt with it.
- Pair it with white sneakers.
- Style it with a long linen duster, perhaps in tan or soft yellow.
• • •
And there you have it! Thank you so much for reading. I’m glad you’re here. :)
So tell me, what’s your favorite way to style a jumpsuit these days? Do you think you’ll give one of Everlane’s new jumpsuits a try? And don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions about the fit or fabric.