We’re getting into it now — outfit four of the 10×10 remix!
(In case you missed it: I’m teaming up with my blogging pal Lee of Style Bee, and we’re hosting a remix challenge: 10 pieces of clothing, 10 outfits, 10 days. Want to join? It’s never too late to jump in! Here’s my quick start guide.)
I planned this comfortable, travel-friendly outfit for today because we were supposed to road trip to Dallas. But you know what? Life has been nuts lately, and as much as I dislike using the word busy, we’ve been busy. Too busy to get quality time together. Too busy to unplug and rest our minds.
Sometimes busy is inevitable, but a lot of the time, it’s possible to remove some of that busyness. So, we called it — we prioritized our need for down time and rescheduled the trip.
But even though I’m not traveling today, I still wanted to share why this is an ideal travel outfit for me:
- My jeans are the softest, most comfortable jeans ever — absolutely zero pinching in the waist.
- My linen tee is comfortable and actually looks kind of cool wrinkled. So if it happens to get wrinkled over the trip, it works. If I were flying or taking a longer road trip, I might swap for a charcoal grey tee, because it’s less likely to show spills, spots, etc.
- My booties keep my feet warm and clean. These booties are my most comfortable, broken-in shoes, but the heel makes them look a little dressier.
- My soft cashmere cardigan is there for me if I get chilly. Plus, the fabric and cut dress up the basic jeans-and-tee look.
So really, an ideal travel outfit comes down to combining my most comfortable pieces into a cute outfit. And what’s comfortable for traveling is comfortable for working from home — which is what I’ll be doing today. Comfort all the way. :)
FRONT TUCK | Nothing groundbreaking, just the tiniest bit of styling to make the whole look a bit more put-together.
ONE SPECIAL, DELICATE ACCESSORY | You can hardly see it, but I’m wearing a delicate little necklace. Even though it’s barely noticeable, I like knowing it’s there — it adds a special element to this simple outfit.
JEANS AND TEE, ELEVATED | Like I mentioned above, the heeled booties and long cardigan take this jeans-and-tee combo to cute outfit status.
MESSY HALF ROLL | This is my favorite way to roll my boyfriend jeans. It’s slouchy, casual, and surprisingly easy to pull off. Here are three quick steps to the messy half roll:
- Make one deep cuff, about three or four inches tall.
- Grab the bottom of the cuff you just made — one hand on the inseam of your jeans, one on the outseam. Roll the outseam up for a second cuff, while holding the inseam down.
- Fuss with it a bit and make sure the hem of your jeans is still peeking out above your messy cuff.
• • •
And there you have it!
Make sure to hop on over to Lee’s blog to see her outfit today, too!
So tell me, what makes an ideal travel outfit in your book? And on a more personal note, what do you do when you find yourself too busy? Do you tend to scale back, push through, or do a combo of both? Do you think being busy is a choice? I’m so interested in your thoughts here.
Keep sharing your outfits on Instagram with the #spring10x10 tag — we are loving keeping up with you guys!
See you tomorrow for outfit five — half way there!
Photo Credit: Katie Jameson
Liked today’s outfit? You can shop it and support Unfancy at the same time by using these affiliate links: