I got so inspired after yesterday’s post about this sweater, that I decided to try and style it a new way each day. So you’ll see it for the rest of the week!
Today’s outfit is all about coziness and comfort. It’s a simple recipe: soft boyfriend jeans, an oversized sweater, flip flops, and glasses. To me, the whole thing has a Sunday morning vibe that I will now chase for the rest of my life, because who doesn’t want Sunday morning vibes every day? In fact, I might change my blog name from Unfancy to Sunday Morning Vibes.
Not really. But it definitely needs to become a hashtag at least. :)
Let’s take a look at four quick style notes for this outfit:
- Wear your sleeves unrolled. Sometimes I get so used to doing things a certain way (read: rolling my sleeves) that I forget to try it a different way. It’s the simplest change, but how cozy is it with the sleeves unrolled and long?
- Keep your glasses on. If you’re wearing a super casual outfit, take it further by giving your contacts a break and wearing your glasses instead.
- Try the “loose on top, loose on bottom” proportion. Typically, I like contrasting proportions, like loose on top, fitted on bottom. But sometimes, a loose on loose proportion feels cooler. Try it with an oversized sweater and loose boyfriend jeans. Bonus points: it’s super comfortable.
- Try the messy half roll with your jeans. It’s slouchy, casual, and surprisingly easy to pull off. Here are three quick steps to the messy half roll:
- Make one deep cuff, about three or four inches tall.
- Grab the bottom of the cuff you just made — one hand on the inseam of your jeans, one on the outseam. Roll the inseam up for a second cuff, while holding the outseam down.
- Fuss with it a bit and make sure the hem of your jeans is still peeking out above your messy cuff.
And that’s that! I’ll be styling this sweater all week, so you’ll see it on Thursday and Friday, too!
• • •
Liked today’s outfit? You can shop it and support Unfancy at the same time by using these affiliate links:
03 | Flip flops (old) | similar by Rainbow