Here’s another warm weather outfit, made from my capsule within a capsule.
What does your get-ready routine look like in the morning? I’ve been working on getting mine down to the bare minimum, and here’s what I’ve got so far:
- Three minutes \ Wash + dry bangs: I wash them quickly in the sink.
- Two minutes \ Minimal makeup: I use five products that hardly require any technique or blending to get right — you can see them here.
- Two minutes \ Fix hair: This is my current technique to get beachy waves with a straightener. It looks complicated, but don’t be intimidated — it couldn’t be simpler. After a couple of tries, I had it down. Best advice? Be sloppy — don’t overthink it. And if I’m running super late and don’t want to deal with waves, I either straighten it and put this stuff in it to give it a deconstructed, lived-in look, or I throw it up in a top knot. And if it’s looking a little dirty, I spray in a little of this cheap + surprisingly natural dry shampoo.
- Four minutes \ Put on outfit that was laid out last night. I definitely still get caught up in the “What should I wear?” trap, so laying it out the night before is important when I’m trying to get out the door lightning fast.
- Four minutes \ Make a Nutribullet to go, grab my bag (that I packed the night before), and get out the door!
All in all, it takes 15 minutes. Not bad.
What’s your routine? Got any time saving tips to share?
Jeans: old from Gap (similar here)
Shoes: old from Madewell (almost exactly the same here)