I’m really trying to play it cool here, but I can’t help but freak out a little — I’M SO EXCITED FOR SPRING! Capsule creation for spring is in full bloom, (#seewhatididthere) and here’s what I’ve got so far.
And P.S. If you’ve got any warm-weather overnight trips coming up, here’s a model for your packing list.
1. Cropped Tee: I admit I was initially skeptical about the cropped tee. The crop top thing has been happening for a while now, but I’ve never been a fan. Until this shirt. The boxy cut tones it down a notch, and if you have the right pair of jeans or shorts to pair with it (read: mid to high waisted) you’ll be all good in the neighborhood.
2. Roll Up Jean Shorts: Okay. Real talk. I had a very similar pair of shorts in my spring 2014 + summer 2014 capsules … but … this year they just felt too short on me, you know? This roll-up pair feels more age appropriate — 29 in two weeks, holla.
3. Lightweight Tunic Sweater: Oh, hey color, it’s so nice to see you. After a 100% neutral winter capsule, I’m craving color — and reminding myself to never again do a 100% neutral capsule wardrobe.
4. Grey Tank: This little guy is an oldie. He was in my summer 2014 + fall 2014 capsules.
5. Lace Up Sandals (similar): These are making an appearance from my summer 2014 capsule and I can’t wait to wear them again.
What do you think? Which pieces are your favorites?
P.S. Mark your calendars for this Sunday, March 8th at 11am – 1pm — I’ll be at the Austin Madewell store (at the Domain) offering up capsule wardrobe advice + spring outfit ideas. Bonus: free mimosas + almond croissants + 20% off the whole store. Leave a comment if you’ll be there. Can’t wait to meet you!